- Recent Strike in Mosul Killed ISIL Commanders, Pentagon Official Says
- Carter Congratulates Top Officers on Senate Confirmation
- USU Students Learn Public Health, Zombie Style
- As Nation Celebrates Independence Day, Carter Thanks DoD Personnel
- At Iftar Dinner, Carter Salutes Muslim-American Service, Sacrifice
- Face of Defense: Soldier Experiences Teamwork at Her First Annual Training
- Coalition Strikes Continue Against ISIL in Iraq, Syria
- Carter Presents Albright With Distinguished Public Service Award
- Transgender Service Members Can Now Serve Openly, Carter Announces
- Syrian Arab Coalition Aids Manbij Residents
- U.S. and Brazil Army Leaders Gather for Staff Talks in San Antonio
- U.S. Army South, Central American Military and Security Chiefs Gather for Discussions in San Antonio
- U.S. Army South change-of-command ceremony
- MEDIA UPDATE- SGT Bergdahl RELEASE NO. 06-22-03
- MEDIA UPDATE- SGT Bergdahl, RELEASE NO. 06-17-02
- REINTEGRATION PRESS CONFERENCE
- Fort Sam Houston Soldier Dies During Exercise in Guatemala
- U.S. Army South to hold change of command ceremony, University of Texas-Austin graduate to take command
- U.S. Army South, Colombian army conducting PANAMAX exercise with 17 partner nations in San Antonio
- U.S. Army South will host the Conference of American Armies Legal Conference with military attorneys from 15 countries
Brig. Gen. James P. Wong traveled to Guatemala City, Guatemala June 7-9, to formally close out the Beyond the Horizon Guatemala 2016 exercise. The exercise officially opened April 7, with operations to build schools and clinics in multiple rural locations. Arriving early, Wong personally visited several of the sites to assess the progress first-hand. ...
On June 2, 23 Soldiers from the Army South Headquarters Battalion took part in a one-day staff ride that focused on Texas’ Independence and the Battle of San Jacinto. Staff rides are a professional development tool that expose Soldiers to the dynamics of battle, enlist critical analysis to understand what led to victory and defeat and consists of systematic preliminary study of a selected campaign....
Fort Sam Houston, TX – Following weeks of torrential rain in San Antonio, Maj. Gen. K.K. Chinn, U.S. Army South commander, welcomed Lt. Gen. Joarez Alves Pereira Jr. Deputy Chief of Staff of the Brazilian army, to sunny Alamo City for the 32nd annual staff talks between the two nations’ armies....
FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas—U.S. Army South joined forces with other Army organizations and a unit of the U.S. Agency for International Development to create a new video game to train Soldiers how to respond to foreign natural disasters....
Chilean Army Col. Luis F. Cuellar Loyola has been named the U.S. Army Training & Doctrine Command (TRADOC)'s Educator of the Year for FY 15 in competition open to all instructors throughout the command. ...
Several U.S. Soldiers are helping the partner nation of Panama disrupt the flow of tons of illicit drugs annually. ...
DARIÉN PROVINCE, Panama -- Members of Joint Task Force-Bravo partnered with Panamanian Public Forces to contain multiple life-threatening wildfires here, April 17 and 18. ...
PALO GORDO, Guatemala -- Medical readiness training exercises organized by the Arizona Medical Detachment with support from multiple countries and organizations, supplied free medical services to Guatemalan nationals in the local area....
Bogota, COLOMBIA—Readiness. The Army chief of staff made it clear this is the #1 priority. Active engagement with partner nation armies is key in remaining ready to meet the ever-changing challenges of today and tomorrow....
SOTO CANO AIR BASE, Honduras -- On March 30, 2016, a fire near the town of Tela, Honduras warranted a large scale reaction from Honduran firefighting forces, to include the National Fire Department, Army and Air Force. ...
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas - Eight senior Partner Nation leaders from Central America and the Dominican Republic came together at U.S. Army South headquarters March 8-10 to discuss mutual security interests. ...
With the transfer of colors and a handshake, the U.S. Army assumed authority of the Conference of the American Armies during a ceremony on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va., Feb. 2. ...