- Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq
- Centcom Assessing If Airstrike in Syria Accidently Claimed Civilian Lives
- Allegation of DoD Official’s Support in Attempted Turkey Coup Untrue, Spokesman Says
- Navy Experimental Dive Unit Testing Pools, Chambers Put Humans, Gear to the Test
- Force of The Future Requires Commitment By All, Carter Says
- Scaparrotti Discusses Russian, North Korean Threats at Aspen Forum
- Undefeated USA Women’s Basketball Team Beats China, 73-56
- Face of Defense: Soldier Returns to Joint Readiness Training Center After 6 Years
- Counter-ISIL Strikes Continue in Syria, Iraq
- Watch Live at 1:30 p.m. EDT: Pentagon Press Secretary to Brief Reporters
- BRAZIL SERVES AS OVERALL DEPUTY COMMANDER FOR PANAMAX 2016, TO BE LED BY CHILE, PERU AND COLOMBIA
- U.S. and Brazil Army Leaders Gather for Staff Talks in San Antonio
- U.S. Army South, Central American Military and Security Chiefs Gather for Discussions in San Antonio
- U.S. Army South change-of-command ceremony
- MEDIA UPDATE- SGT Bergdahl RELEASE NO. 06-22-03
- MEDIA UPDATE- SGT Bergdahl, RELEASE NO. 06-17-02
- REINTEGRATION PRESS CONFERENCE
- Fort Sam Houston Soldier Dies During Exercise in Guatemala
- U.S. Army South to hold change of command ceremony, University of Texas-Austin graduate to take command
- U.S. Army South, Colombian army conducting PANAMAX exercise with 17 partner nations in San Antonio
JBSA-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas – U.S. Army South Soldiers, Civilians and Family members gathered for a prayer luncheon at the Fort Sam Houston Golf Club, July 20. The command hosts a prayer luncheon each quarter, giving Army South family members of different faiths a chance to join together to gain strength from one another and experience the power of collective prayer....
JBSA-FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas – The U.S. Ambassador to Panama, John D. Feeley, visited U.S. Army South headquarters July 19, for discussions that included an overview of the upcoming PANAMAX 2016 exercise scheduled to start July 25....
SOTO CANO AIR BASE, Honduras -- What started as a quiet afternoon spent enjoying off-duty time and celebrating the Fourth of July weekend in Roatán, Honduras took a sudden turn for one member of Joint Task Force-Bravo on July 2. ...
WASHINGTON (Army News Service) -- Doctors at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research who have developed a Zika vaccine that they've successfully tested on mice are now testing it on monkeys and hope to begin testing on humans later this year....
Brig. Gen. James P. Wong traveled to Guatemala City, Guatemala June 7-9, to formally close out the Beyond the Horizon Guatemala 2016 exercise. The exercise officially opened April 7, with operations to build schools and clinics in multiple rural locations. Arriving early, Wong personally visited several of the sites to assess the progress first-hand. ...
On June 2, 23 Soldiers from the Army South Headquarters Battalion took part in a one-day staff ride that focused on Texas’ Independence and the Battle of San Jacinto. Staff rides are a professional development tool that expose Soldiers to the dynamics of battle, enlist critical analysis to understand what led to victory and defeat and consists of systematic preliminary study of a selected campaign....
Fort Sam Houston, TX – Following weeks of torrential rain in San Antonio, Maj. Gen. K.K. Chinn, U.S. Army South commander, welcomed Lt. Gen. Joarez Alves Pereira Jr. Deputy Chief of Staff of the Brazilian army, to sunny Alamo City for the 32nd annual staff talks between the two nations’ armies....
FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas—U.S. Army South joined forces with other Army organizations and a unit of the U.S. Agency for International Development to create a new video game to train Soldiers how to respond to foreign natural disasters....
Chilean Army Col. Luis F. Cuellar Loyola has been named the U.S. Army Training & Doctrine Command (TRADOC)'s Educator of the Year for FY 15 in competition open to all instructors throughout the command. ...
Several U.S. Soldiers are helping the partner nation of Panama disrupt the flow of tons of illicit drugs annually. ...
DARIÉN PROVINCE, Panama -- Members of Joint Task Force-Bravo partnered with Panamanian Public Forces to contain multiple life-threatening wildfires here, April 17 and 18. ...
PALO GORDO, Guatemala -- Medical readiness training exercises organized by the Arizona Medical Detachment with support from multiple countries and organizations, supplied free medical services to Guatemalan nationals in the local area....
Bogota, COLOMBIA—Readiness. The Army chief of staff made it clear this is the #1 priority. Active engagement with partner nation armies is key in remaining ready to meet the ever-changing challenges of today and tomorrow....