Privacy and Security Notice
U.S. Army South Privacy and Security Notice
1. The U.S. Army South Website is provided as a public service by the U.S. Army South Public Affairs Office.
2. Information presented on the U.S. Army South Website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected* for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookie Disclaimer: The publicly accessible U.S Army Website Homepage (i.e., www.arsouth.army.mil) does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. The U.S. Army South Website Homepage does use session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, in order to make the site easier for you to use and to allow statistical analysis of traffic as indicated above. No database of information obtained from these cookies is kept and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you may need to enter the same information repeatedly. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable cookies.